Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Shannon and Oscar's Anniversary!

Today is Shannon and Oscar's Anniversary! I can't hardly believe it has been 12 years! I called to wish them Happy Anniversary, because she has been known to confuse her Anniversary with Kariann's from her first marraige. In fact, the first year that Kariann was married, Shannon called Kariann and wished her Happy Anniversary, and her next phone call was to me to remind me it was Kariann's Anniversary. After we got off the phone, I kept thinking, this isn't Kariann's Anniversary, it's Shannon and Oscar's Anniversary! So I called Oscar and I said: "It's your anniversary dude!" and he said: "No it's not, Shannon would have told me it was our Anniversary, she said it was "Kay Kay's Anniversary." I reminded him that he got married on May 24th, my late grandfather's birthday, it was Labor Day weekend, and Kariann got married on June 26th, my neices birthday. The funny thing is when Shannon called Kay Kay to wish her Happy Anniversary she didn't realize it was the wrong date either. It's not any wonder there was some confusion, we had five weddings in a 15 month period. We had one in March (my nephew Aaron ), one in May ( Shannon and Oscar), one in August ( Jennifer and Kraig ), one in November ( Leslie and Shane ), and one the next June ( Kariann and Donnie.) It was a wild year, full of fun and excitement, hard work, and sometimes tears, but mostly Tons of love! I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment