Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine Flu

Okay, so hears the deal. When I worked in the E.R. twenty something years ago, I was told by one of the Infectious Diseases Dr.that there are aproximately 13,000 deaths a year in the U. S. from the regular flu, but typically people don't know it. It's when they give it a name, "Asian Flu, Hong Kong Flu, etc" that people freak out. Now typically, I'm not one that freaks out about these things, but when my new son-in-law was sent home with fever and vomiting, I totally freaked! I was on the phone every hour trying to get updates on him. I even made Kariann get a surgical mask for him to wear, from the vet's office, when they went to pick Shannon's dog that had been poisoned up. (That's a whole nother story!) Maybe, they shouldn't name these Flu's.

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy because there are kids wearing masks at our kids school. People don't realize they are making their kids sick just from rebreathing the same air trapped inside the comon medical masks they are using. I haven't seen a single person wearing a mask desinged for long time use. They are making themselves sick for nothing.

    ReplyDelete